Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yum In My Tum

I discovered these little munches on Pinterest and decided I wanted to try to make them myself!
Best idea I've ever had.
I made these with Hilary, and again for the Superbowl, and all I did was eat these all day. They are light, fresh and savory all at the same time. The cucumber is crunchy and sweet and the filling adds a salty, seasoning-rich taste. I'm in love. I honestly think I am going to start making these on a regular basis, they would be a great snack anytime!
And you won't regret eating 500 of these...
Ok maybe 500 is a bit much, but you get my point.
Right?
Right.


Cucumber Feta Rolls

Filling:
6 Ounces of crumbled original feta cheese
3 Tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
3 Tablespoons finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 Teaspoons lemon juice
Add some dashes of...
Pepper
Pepper flakes
Oregano

4-5 Cucumbers
(I think it is safe to have more than less - it is difficult to cut the cucumber thinly without butchering many slices!)

The filling before it was all mixed up
Slice the cucumber in thin strips length wise
Put about a small amount of filling at the end of the cucumber strip and roll them up!
End result: delicious, healthy and satisfying 
hors d'oeuvres 

6 comments:

  1. Dontcha just love Pinterest! These look delish and fairly simple, I may have to try these out! happy tuesday! XO

    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this sounds amazing!! I must try it. I love greek food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking food, and I am sure it's absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some edgy leggings. I would never dream of wearing leather on my legs, but I think the fur tones it down a notch. I wish I liked cucumbers because I sure love feta. Good luck on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your sweet comment the other day! These look absolutely delicious!! And relatively guilt free! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your feedback and share your blog :)