Monday, January 23, 2012

Couples Dinner

   Today has been quite eventful! Javier, the kidden and I made the journey to my parents house for our first paid cooking gig. My parents have been meeting with their "couples group" for about 26 years now; they meet once a month for dinner and to discuss either a book they all read, or they watch a movie with a positive message and discuss it together. This time my parents hosted and Javier and I cooked the dinner for everyone! We made enfrijoladas (I have the recipe for those here), cheesy mexican potatoes, salsa and mexican rice! It was a delicious meal and thankfully everyone enjoyed it :)

My new sunnies from Forever 21, sweater also from Forever 21
Look at those claws! He kept attacking my hair during the drive
travel kidden
I love his eyes
Salted margarita glasses

Salsa


Ingredients: 
3 Roma Tomatoes
2 Serrano Peppers
1/4 Cup Diced Onion
Cilantro to taste
1 1/2 Cups Water
1 Tsp of tomato bouillon 
Salt & Pepper to taste

Get a pan very hot with a little olive oil in it and roast the tomatoes (do not cut or peel them!), serrano peppers and onions. After the tomatoes, peppers and onions are well roasted, cut up the serranos, then put all ingredients together in a blender (works best on a liquify setting). Voila! Yummy salsa! (Warning:  The spiciness of the serrano peppers varies all the time, so if you can't handle hot hot hot, only add a bit at a time; the salsa we made tonight was very spicy!)


Mexican Potatoes 


Ingredients:
10 Potatoes 
Provolone Cheese
Mexican Cheese Mix 
Roasted Turkey
Sour Cream
Butter
Cilantro
Salt
Pepper

Boil whole, peeled potatoes for about 20 minutes or until soft and fully cooked. Cut them into slices, dip them in butter and lay them in a casserole dish to coat the entire bottom. Salt the potatoes to your taste. Then put sour cream, cheeses and pieces of cut up turkey on top, and repeat creating several layers.  It is best to put the most cheese on the top of the last layer. Heat the oven to about 270 degrees and cook until all the cheese is melted (about 20 mins). Once you take the dish out of the oven, you can salt it more and add some pepper and garnish with bits of cilantro. Trust me: this is delicious!

Sweater & Cami: Forever 21,   Fur Vest: T.J Maxx,  Pleather Leggings: Express,  Polish: White on White by Revlon

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the food and the outfit. And I will be texting you soon :) P.s. check out that electric blue shoes post, I just posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mexican potatoes look amazing! I'm so making them! I just found your blog and I love it so far:) I so wish I was musical, like you. I took piano lessons as a kid, but I never made it past Mary Had a Little Lamb...Oh to be musical. Anyways, just started following you on GFC and I can wait for more recipes. Come by, say hi and follow back if ya feel like it. XO

    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your feedback and share your blog :)