Monday, December 12, 2011

Chrissamus Nails

   The holiday season is really picking up which means lots of family, food, and of course, my favorite part, getting to wear adorable Christmas clothes. I decided to start small with some vintage nails with a very festive red. Last time I did my nails this way, I didn't have all that I needed and so I cut pieces of packing tape to make the "moon" part, but this time I was prepared. This manicure is easy, so cute and it looks like it was done professionally at and 1/8th of the cost it would take to get your nails done at a salon. So check it out and try it! This time I made the moons a bit smaller than I did last time - but it looks good just about any way you choose to do it :)
    Bad news: my camera is broken :( It broke my heart, so I'm sorry these are just instagram photos - it's the best I can do for now... hopefully my camera will be repaired and back in my hands soon!

Start with a base coat, your desired nail color, a top coat, and "perfect tips" used for french manicures.
I used OPI base and top coats and Essie's "Really Red"
After painting the base coat, place the stickers at the bottom of your nail to make the moon
and paint over them with your nail color
Remove the stickers after you've painted your two coats and then paint on your top coat on the whole nail
And voila! Adorable vintage, festive nails :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! A new follower here!
    -Kosi
    http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I actually did the same look a while back on my blog :)

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your feedback and share your blog :)