Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Down South

    Javi and I went down south this weekend, meaning Cincinnati, and we stayed at his parent's house with Mr. President! :) It was such a nice few days just to get away and it was about 10 degrees warmer than Kent, so that was nice... major difference I know, but it was nice to be in a bit of warmer, sunnier place. One night we felt in the mood for some comfort food, and we found some potatoes and decided to wing it and whip together some mashed potatoes. As I've written before, here, about Javi's cooking - he can just throw things together and never measure a thing and it comes out tasting delicious, where I am more exact. So as he threw things together, I tried to guestimate or remember how much of each ingredient he used and I wrote it down so here it is. The potatoes turned out delicious, as usual.




Home-Made Mashed Potatoes 
5-6 large peeled potatoes
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup milk
2 tbs butter
salt, pepper and natures seasons to taste
To throw them together...
We started out by rinsing, peeling and cutting the potatoes up into cubes. Then we threw them into a huge pot of boiling water and boiled them for about 20-25 minutes. After they were soft, we tested them by smashing one with a fork, and then strained the water out and added the whipping cream, milk, butter and seasonings and mashed it all together. Scrumptious.


Then I topped mine with some cheese. 


And of course, we had to have dessert. We got very creative here, and had a few oreos with some nutella. It may have been the biggest mistake of my life, because now I am hooked... and it's definitely not low calorie... which is probably why it's so delicious. 


More pictures to come! It has been a crazy week; I've picked up more hours at work and I just started an accelerated organic chemistry II course, which will ruin my life for the next 8 weeks. So life is busy and I have to make sure I take care of my other responsibilities first! So be expecting more Cinci pictures in the next few days, maybe even tomorrow! :)

Oh, and just a P.S...
Our kidden is cray


2 comments:

  1. I think Javi is harrier than Mr. President! HA, lets go on a photo shoot soon!!! And make me some taters too? Cheese please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I can't tell you how many times people say that about Javi lol and we really should! We should have a photoshoot followed by mass amounts of munch! haha

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your feedback and share your blog :)