Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Munch

is, unfortunately for my scale, one of my few passions. My boyfriend, Jav, turned me on, so to speak, to cooking. He is an awesome cook who can just throw things together without a given recipe or without measuring anything and have it turn out heavenly. How genius. Cooking with him is so fun and we always make great munch for each other.
Which...
can be a problem... because I might like to eat too much. Side note: I have a very difficult time discerning hunger from boredom... am I the only person with this problem? Anyways, I've started cooking things for myself to try to broaden my recipe repertoire. Because of this, Jav's teachings and my love of munching, I've taken some pitchers (yes, I said pitchers) of some munch that I've eaten, munch that Jav and/or his family have cooked, and munch that I have made.  




Keyword here: MUNCH


On cruises the reputation is that the food is exceptional... and oh my lanta it was. There were just endless amounts of delicious food. Every night we had a formal dinner where we had 3 course meals. Every single dish was delicious, and the food not only tasted great, but it looked great too. Check it outtt :)


My Salad

 Lobster Tail and Shrimp 
 Our Starbucks trip was in the airport on the way back from the cruise, but Starbucks offers very delicious drinks (there's an endorsement for you), they are rather highly priced, but we just couldn't resist. And I just like how this picture turned out. :)

Diversity is very important when it comes to your munching. Eating the same thing all the time would get so boring, right?! So I try all kinds of foods. One of my absolute favorites is sushi. The picture below is actually of a maki roll. The Japanese actually call the rolled up sushi "maki rolls," and what they call sushi is what we call sashimi, which is just raw slices of fish on top of rice... sounds gross but it's actually delicious!

Philadelphia Roll

This is the meal that Lisa and I made for our Christmas dinner... a cornish game hen seasoned with lemon, rosemary, salt and pepper with mashed potatoes and green beans... it was SO good... we have a very stupid inside joke about cornish game hens, which we discovered on our cruise, that no one else would think is funny, but we find it absolutely hilarious. So of course, for our dinner, we just had to make the game hen. Game hens: hilarious... yet satisfying. (lets see who gets that one)


These pictures have all been taken at the Cordero household. Jav and his parents have graciously cooked WONDERFULLY AMAZING traditional Mexican food for me on so many occasions... and let me tell you... so good. I love that Jav and his family have exposed me to foods I had never really paid much attention to before. For example, my Javanero loves his avacado. I had never really liked it that much till he made me a cheese and avacado quesadilla the first time I was over at his house. Now I am hooked on it too and we always make little avacado and cheese filled tortillas :) Oquei, enough talking. Just drool over these pictures :)


 Avacado and Cheese Quesadilla with Habanero Hot Sauce


Omelette with tomato, onion and peppers and cheese. Avacado, bacon and a corn tortilla on the side :)


Tostada: Hard Tortilla, refried beans, shredded chicken, queso fresco, lettuce, sour cream, avacado, habanero sauce and Mrs. Cordero's homemade salsa :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your feedback and share your blog :)